What We Do
Books in Homes® raises funds and seeks Sponsors to support primary schools, preschools and childcare centres that could be described as:
- Having an Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) under the national average of 1000
- Are located in a socio-disadvantaged area, remote or Indigenous community
- Having refugee children with a language background other than English.
The Program works more effectively with continuity and longevity.
What We Provide
Books in Homes® provides new and high quality, reading and / or age appropriate books-of-choice to socio-educationally disadvantaged Australian children. Books in Homes® runs three programs:
The books on offer through the three programs include novels, picture books, board books, non-fiction, graphic novels, drawing books, how-to books, board books, Indigenous themes and special interest books.
Books in Homes® welcomes the support of corporate Australia, foundations and other organisations, and individuals to partner in its mission to provide children with books-of-choice, which the children keep and build into personal home libraries. Sponsors have the choice to become:
- School Sponsors – Corporate Sponsors, Foundations, or Individual Sponsors opt to support an entire primary school (or several) over Terms 1, 2 and 4 for a year or more. School Sponsors also have the option of sponsoring a preschool or childcare centre (or several) for three terms a year or more.
- Donors – Donors opt to make regular or one-off donations through the charity online fund-raising portals or at events to support general or specific schools or centres, fund-raising events, campaigns or other initiatives.
- Supporters – Supporters opt to donate prizes, venues, catering, printing, their time, resources, expertise and more in helping the charity achieve its objectives.
Volunteering programs can also be customised to your organisation’s needs so please contact us for further information.
Books in Homes® works with Sponsors to increase their visibility, connections, impressions and media opportunities through a number of benefits. For more information on the benefits package, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Sponsorship Information Sheet.
Sponsorship Volunteering Opportunities
Many Sponsors welcome the opportunity to volunteer at their sponsored school/s. These include:
- Reading to children at Book Giving Assemblies
- Volunteering to help the Books in Homes Coordinator at your sponsored school/s to unpack books and organise them for Book Giving Assemblies, and
- Becoming reading mentors at your sponsored school/s.
Present and Past Sponsors
Present and past Sponsors include: Mainfreight, Glencore, BHP, Barnardos Australia, Goodman, Janssen, University of Tasmania, Western Sydney University, Commonwealth Bank, Bendigo Bank, Rotary, Ausenco Foundation, Scholastic Australia, Newcastle Permanent Charitable Foundation, and many others. Please go to our Sponsors and Partners page for a list of our current Sponsors.
Please check out our Schools Seeking Sponsors page to access a list of primary schools, preschools and early childhood centres across Australia that want to become part of the Books in Homes program and are looking for support.
CEO and Chairperson
Books in Homes Australia
Phone: 02 9434 2488