MAINFREIGHT AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN ATTITUDE 2021Dec 23, 2021 0
This is the second year of the Mainfreight Award for Excellence in Attitude, which was launched in 2019. It is awarded to one senior student at each Mainfreight-sponsored school who has shown a positive attitude in all areas of school life or who has been recognised for having accomplished a major goal or made an exceptional effort at school during the year.
The 2021 awards were presented to winning students during Term 4, 2021 Book Giving Assemblies or at graduation ceremonies. Mainfreight provided each winner with an engraved silver cup, and a certificate personally signed by Rodd Morgan, Group General Manager of Mainfreight Australia, as well as a copy of the DK Complete Atlas of the World: The Definitive View of the Earth—a complete and unrivalled portrait of the modern world.
The 2021 winners were:
- BROADMEADOWS PRIMARY SCHOOL (Vic): Marwan Mohammed (Grade 6) – Awarded for continually putting in his best effort and displaying the school values at all times. Marwan demonstrates empathy towards other students and is always willing and able to help others.
- CAROLE PARK STATE SCHOOL (Qld): Ankxious Fonoti (Grade 6) – Awarded for his outstanding performance in the 2021 Reader’s Cup and his ongoing dedication to improving his reading and literacy skills independently throughout the year.
- DOONSIDE PUBLIC SCHOOL (NSW): Tanisha Woodfield-Lee (Grade 6) – Awarded for being a conscientious student who works hard to complete all tasks to the best of her abilities, as well as supporting her fellow peers in their learning.
- ELIZABETH SOUTH PRIMARY SCHOOL (SA): Samual O’Neill (Year7) – Awarded for consistently displaying the Elizabeth South Primary School Learning Code. Samual shows he is a powerful learner who takes pride in his learning. He shows respect to all his peers and the teaching staff. The school thanks Samual for being a great role model who has set a positive example to all of our students at ESPS.
- HUME PUBLIC SCHOOL (NSW): Janice Quayle (Year 6) – Awarded for outstanding application to her learning this year.
- MAJELLA CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL (WA): Juliet Sarum (Year 6) – Awarded for excellence in stewardship.
- NOBLE PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL (Vic): Jamie Hall (Grade 5) – Awarded for modelling the school values with pride and excellence, and always showing excellent commitment towards reading.
- MATRAVILLE SOLDIERS SETTLEMENT PUBLIC SCHOOL (NSW): Leni Hourahine (Year 5) – Awarded for consistent effort and a positive attitude in all areas including home learning.
- WOODBERRY PUBLIC SCHOOL (NSW): Samantha Blayden (Grade 6) – Awarded for dedication and continued achievement in reading.